Examinations are times when our beloved students go through a lot of stress. There are ways in which we could help our students. Below mentioned as some points a teacher could follow to help students.
Pre exam preparation:
1. Stop reading 3 hours before exam, brain gets activated to avoid confusion and to get the answers timely and correctly.
2. Learn to recognize when you're stressing out. A break or a chat with someone who knows the pressure you're under will help you.
3. Avoid comparing your abilities with your classmates. Everyone approaches revision in different ways, so just make sure you've chosen the method that works best for you.
4. Eat right. Treat yourself like a well-honed machine - eat fresh fruits and veg and have a proper breakfast. Fuel your brain as well as your body
5. Sleep well. Wind down before bed and don't revise on the bed.
6. Panic is often triggered by hyperventilating (quick, shallow breaths). So if you feel yourself losing it during the exam, sit back for a moment and control your breathing.
7. First of all do the meditation for 2 minutes to get the concentration by recalling the best flower loved by everyone, inhale the flower and that will make you feel happy.
8. Recall the happiest moments you faced in your life, happiest relations or most liked song, which are all for the fresh feel of the mind and body which keep you activating freshly when writing the exam.
9. As soon as you receive the question paper, read the instructions given in the question paper i.e. read the questions 2 times which will help you to recall the answers correctly and in an orderly way.
10. According to the question pattern, plan the time management of questions and mark-wise to finish the answers half-an-hour early.
11. After writing the answers, revise at least 2 times. Check for question numbers, section-wise answers etc.
12. Steer clear of any exam 'post-mortem'. It doesn't matter what your classmate has written for any question, it's too late to go back and change your answers, so talking about it will just make you worry even more.
Ultimately, don't lose sight of the fact that there is life after exams. Things might seem intense right now, but it won't last forever. However students also need to understand that examinations are stepping stones in their life.
Ms. Jayanthi S, Head Teacher,
S.R.Sbramanian Govt. High School, Saram.
Term: Term 2