NUMBER GAMES - 10 TO 20
CBSE, Maths, Class III, Unit - 2
K. Shanmuga Priya
Here are some number games that can be used for this lesson
1. Arrange Number: Divide the class into 3 groups (3 or 4 students in the group) and give plastic cups to them. Students count and arrange the plastic cups from the numbers 0 to 9 within the given time. The group that finishes first wins
2. Number parade: Each student gets a number card (numbers from 0 to 9) that they wear around their neck. Students walk around the class in a random way. When they hear the sound of a whistle, they arrange themselves in the order of the numbers they are wearing.
3. Listen to the song : https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=wiGEEJLLKd8
4. Cube Rod: Students use cube rods to form numbers. E.g. If teacher calls out 19, they arrange the rod of 10 and 9 to show the number 19
5. Hit and call: The teacher ask the students to throw a ball at the number chart. This chart shows numbers from 10 to 20. Students have to call out the number hit on the chart.
6. Counter to 10 to 20: Students use the tokens to show numbers from 10 to 20. If teacher says 13 students should arrange a group of tens and 3 ones. By this method students got the knowledge how to group tens and ones.
Term: Term 1